[HCoop-Discuss] My election platform

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Sat Apr 7 06:38:33 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 10:54:39PM -0700, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> I feel personally hurt by notions like those that "environmental policy"
> is more important in this election than records of handling the real
> issues that show up in keeping the co-op from collapsing.

That is true. Speaking of the important things, some of the members
might have overlooked the fact that the Peer1 colocation (the new
HCoop infrastructure) is financed by large extra inflow of funds that
came from Adam. And that he came up with a plan how to have that
money back without raising costs for members who don't think they
should be paying for "the setup time".

It's also worth pointing out that Adam is the single HCoop member
with the biggest pledge ( https://members.hcoop.net/portal/pledge ).
Without the favorable outcome of pledges, the next round of expansion
wouldn't have been possible at all. Speaking of which, I would like
to acknowledge Justin Leitgeb, Ray Racine and Shaun Empie for their
valuable contributions, which were the other key point
( http://wiki.hcoop.net/wiki/NewSystemHardware ).

Compared to that (or even not), the Environmental Policy issues are of
minor importance. I do find the environmental policy idea interesting
and personally support it; I believe we will officially accept it at
some point. But I hope all its supporters would realize that the policy's
effect on us would, for all practical purposes, only be in terms of
"feel good".

> I've also proposed and supervised every major change in the co-op since
> before it was even a co-op.

I would like to add that 'proposing and supervising' was just the
visual part of it - crucial was the underlying common sense
combined with management and technical skills.

I can testify that Adam's initiative has always been taking our HCoop
further, step by step. And, of course, his ability to carry out things
by himself only added to his great personal credibility.

-doc