[HCoop-Discuss] My election platform

Aaron Hsu arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net
Sat Apr 7 16:20:35 EDT 2007

On Apr 7, 2007, at 12:54 AM, Adam Chlipala wrote:

> I feel personally hurt by notions like those that "environmental
> policy"
> is more important in this election than records of handling the _real_
> issues that show up in keeping the co-op from collapsing.

[...]

> I've done at least 90% of all work ever done to support HCoop, and I
> like to think that puts me in a position to have a pretty good idea of
> where we stand and what the important challenges over the next year
> are.  I feel like I'm being punished for accurately reporting that we
> have some major fundamental infrastructural issues to address
> before it
> makes sense to look beyond running a quality Internet hosting service,
> while other candidates who haven't had any hand in the day-to-day
> operations of HCoop are rewarded for proposing ideas based on
> unrealistic models of where the co-op stands today.

[...]

> after 5 years of
> running this service, I truly feel that working on anything else takes
> critical effort away from some _serious_ issues that we have to
> work on
> in terms of hosting reliability and sustainability of how we
> distribute
> work among volunteers.

I completely agree with this position and fully support Adam's
position and outlook in this respect. I think it's important to
prioritize those things which are designed to improve the service and
sustainability of this Coop; by a large margin, these are the issues
that should consume most of the board's time, imo.

--
Aaron Hsu
misc at sacrificumdeo.net