[HCoop-Discuss] Problems with SMTP server?

Aaron Hsu arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net
Fri Oct 20 05:19:05 EDT 2006

On Oct 19, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Adam Chlipala wrote:

> Aaron Hsu wrote:
>
>> I have the mail.hcoop.net certificate installed as an X509Anchor
>> in my
>> Keychain (Mac OS 10.4.8) and it seems to work fine for validating
>> that
>> server in receiving mail. However, since I am very mobile I have been
>> using HCoop's SMTP server for sending my mail, and it still does not
>> validate. Is there another type of certificate or such which I
>> have to
>> install to verify the SMTP server?
>
> I think this issue has been raised before, and my response was that
> everything is administered by volunteers, and the current set of
> volunteers don't have the SSL expertise to fix the problem.  That
> means
> that the problem will remain unless one or more members take the
> time to
> develop a solution.  If you need extra file permissions or other
> help to
> do this, then we're quite happy to comply.

Yes, I would like to take the time to fix this problem. I have a
theory, but I don't really know if I would be able to debug it
currently. One thing that I might ask, is that I assume the same name
information is being sent whether the domain is mail.hcoop.net SMTP
or IMAP, right?

Thanks,

Aaron W. Hsu
arcfide at sacrificumdeo.net