[HCoop-Discuss] Problems with SMTP server?

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu Oct 19 16:09:57 EDT 2006

Aaron Hsu wrote:

> I have the mail.hcoop.net certificate installed as an X509Anchor in my
> Keychain (Mac OS 10.4.8) and it seems to work fine for validating that
> server in receiving mail. However, since I am very mobile I have been
> using HCoop's SMTP server for sending my mail, and it still does not
> validate. Is there another type of certificate or such which I have to
> install to verify the SMTP server?

I think this issue has been raised before, and my response was that
everything is administered by volunteers, and the current set of
volunteers don't have the SSL expertise to fix the problem.  That means
that the problem will remain unless one or more members take the time to
develop a solution.  If you need extra file permissions or other help to
do this, then we're quite happy to comply.