[HCoop-Discuss] EnvironmentalPolicy

Justin S. Leitgeb leitgebj at hcoop.net
Thu Nov 30 03:16:18 EST 2006

Thank you for pushing for this environmental policy, Nathan (and others
who have written to the list).  Data centers in general use massive
amounts of power, and I think that it's great that many in the Co-op are
recognizing this by pushing for an ethically responsible program related
to our use of electricity.  From my perspective it's clear that efforts
to support groups that advocate the development of cleaner electrical
production, even if this energy is not going directly to our servers, is
a step in the right direction.  As our electric consumption is bound to
increase in the future I hope that we continue to look for different
ways to support "green" power, in addition to looking for ways to reduce
our own usage where we can reasonably do so.

Thanks again for your efforts.