[HCoop-Discuss] EnvironmentalPolicy

Ryan M kubisuro at att.net
Wed Nov 29 12:39:27 EST 2006

Hello,

Clinton Ebadi wrote:
> I think this is a reasonable idea, but should be put off for a few
> months while we finish migrating to the new machines and ramp up our
> membership. Given that we wouldn't need consensus for such a decision
> I fail to see the damage done by delaying until perhaps February or
> early March.

I agree.  We're being sidetracked from what is really important and
that's developing
a tangible infrastructure that will be successful for all those in the
hcoop and future
membership.  This tangent is better left for after our infrastructure is
in place.

> Perhaps once we are done with migration issues we could buy energy
> credits on a trial basis to see if people join as a result of us
> purchasing them. A few new members (and thus lowered costs for all )
> could be enough to justify the cost to those who don't wish the coop
> to purchase energy credits.

Absolutely.  Also, I believe we're not 100% certain how much the new
infrastructure
will cost us, so it might be that adding an additional green "tax" might
be detrimental
to certain members.  I actually like my nickels, dimes and quarters for
laundry, socially
required tips, and scantrons.

best,
Ryan