[HCoop-Discuss] EnvironmentalPolicy

ntk at hcoop.net ntk at hcoop.net
Wed Nov 29 22:19:01 EST 2006

> I am not sure why but Nathans time and effort has been mentioned on this
> chain and has been added to the argument regarding the reasons why we
> should do this.  Personally I'd rather just send him a gift certificate,
> or hell cash, as a "Hey, thanks for your time" gesture.  Nathan, if you
> want my 0.05 cents as a thank you -- then sure its all yours.  But, that
> doesn't change my position regarding this policy.

I brought that up to rebut those persons accusing me of distracting the
cooperative from the all-important goal of set up at Peer1, which I think
is highly unfair.  That's all.  I'm not going to pass the hat or demand
consulting fees.  I'm not going to condition my work or future efforts as
a boardmember or co-op member on the passage of any particular initiative
or policy.  However I will say that the major reason I am doing all this
is because we're a cooperative as opposed to merely a profit-seeking
corporation, and as long as I have a say in the matter I'm going to make
sure HCoop behaves like the former and not the latter.  If you don't know
what a cooperative is supposed to be like, a good starting place is
SevenPrinciples on the wiki.