[Hcoop-discuss] Tax-exemption update

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sun Jun 18 23:01:52 EDT 2006

Adam Chlipala wrote:
> Nathan Kennedy wrote:
>

>> 3. Details of our relationship with Xiolink and Interserver, as well as
>> any conflicts of interest.  I am asserting that no conflicts exist as
>> well as explaining our selection process.  However I *must* have from
>> Adam copies of our hosting agreement with Xiolink and Interserver, and
>> also if possible copies of our most recent monthly statements from each
>> of these.
>>

> I've put up some preliminary information at
>     http://www.schizomaniac.net/irs/
> excluding scanned copies of things with physical signatures.
>
> I will scan the agreements and get them to you soon.  The Xiolink
> agreement has a space for a Xiolink representative's signature, but I
> don't think they ever mailed me back a version with that signature
> filled in.  Do you think we should just submit the version without it
> and wait for possible complaints (probably including a note explaining
> the reason)?

I really don't think that's an issue.  If we can get scans of a physical
signed copy that's best, just in terms of the best thing we have to
offer.  But a contract doesn't have to be signed by both parties to be
enforceable.  It doesn't even have be signed excepted where the statute
of frauds applies (which it does not in this case since our leases are
month-to-month) and even then it only needs to be signed by the party to
be charged.
> As far as I can tell, I/we never signed an agreement of the usual kind
> with InterServer.  I don't remember the sign-up process in detail, but I
> believe the closest equivalent was just clicking an "I agree to the
> terms of service" button or similar.  We do have a signed credit card
> agreement that I will send, unless you have a better suggestion.
This is fine.  I think what you put on the webpage is plenty good enough.