[Hcoop-discuss] regarding admin's and responsibilities

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Wed Jan 11 13:12:15 EST 2006

> >      I was having a conversation with a guy on linux india list who has
> > expirience in managing many webservers and would be willing to chip in
> > helping maintaining hcoop if he gets a free account. If We cannot find any
> > admins from within our current userpool we can look at that also.
> >
> > What do the current admins have to say?

I think asking for a free account is somewhat silly. Especially when we're
not talking about any free account, but about one bearing admin responsibility
with it.

Even though I practically don't use HCOOP for any of my needs (therefore my
participation in monthly usage is zero), and I do admin work as a volunteer,
I still think paying for my membership is the only way to go.

Furthermore, we do not know the person you suggest. Leaving all other things
aside, from what I could distill from your e-mail, it seems he is not
particularly interested in HCOOP; he would just "chip in helping maintaining
hcoop" if given an account. I think his initial amusement by this idea would
soon perish.

This is basically my general reply to "How about more admins?" type of
questions. I think that, if we were to introduce changes in the system
administration area, we should do it by increasing reliability, promptness
and eventually people structure by coming up with a new administration scheme,
and not by merely "adding more admins to the problem".

Have a great day everyone,
-doc