[HCoop-Discuss] Cooperation among cooperatives - colocation

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Wed Dec 20 12:48:27 EST 2006

I agree that it is early to commit to this at the moment and we certainly
can't guarantee a time-frame right now, even though this proposal is
pretty much independent of our current setup tasks, but is late January or
especially early February really that infeasible?  I understand that
winter break will probably interrupt the tasks, but if migration isn't
underway five weeks from now we'd really be dropping the ball.  I'd
definitely like to keep this option open if we can arrange terms that are
equitable to the cooperative and acceptable to Graham.  The APM might also
be useful for us, although I'm not sure how useful given that we don't
even have a remote console right now, I'll let the admins discuss the
merits of that at the appropriate time.

Utilizing more of the cabinet than our three planned servers will greatly
reduce costs for co-op members (especially given the big setup costs that
need to be billed) and eliminate the need to rely on "pledges."

-ntk