[HCoop-Discuss] Cooperation among cooperatives - colocation

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed Dec 20 12:18:02 EST 2006

Graham Freeman wrote:

>If we agree that this is worth pursuing, I'd ship the PE2850 rails in
>early January (when I get back from vacation in Canada) and plan to
>ship my server & the PDU in late Jan or early Feb.

While this sounds great, I have a few things I'd like to discuss about
it, and I'd probably give my personal vote for the bulk of your
proposition... as I've said before, I'm requesting that all discussion
of major new undertakings be shelved until we have all current members
moved to our new servers.  That, unfortunately, would mean that your
January timeline for new colocation would be infeasible, and it would
also mean that we can't offer a concrete timeline yet at all.

Managing limited volunteer attention is something that I've found to be
key to making non-profit, entirely Internet-based undertakings as large
as this work.  I would like all attention focused on configuring our new
servers for now.  This meta-point is, of course, open for discussion on
this mailing list, but I would suggest people who disagree with me to
discuss the meta-point instead of any specific proposals.