[Hcoop-discuss] rsnapshot errors

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Dec 24 12:00:44 EST 2005

Ryan M. wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:44:32 -0800, KC wrote about "Re: [Hcoop-discuss] rsnapshot errors" :
>

>>Also, if the backup script is using 'cp', that suggests it isn't
>>using the "--link-dest" option available in newer versions of
>>rsync.

We're using the rsnapshot Debian package.  I'm confused as to why it's
using 'cp' instead of 'mv' for this operation in the first place.  It
looks to me like that copy operation is part of deleting the oldest
backup and rotating every other to the next lower slot number.

It definitely uses 'rsync' for what I take to be the "interesting" part.

I suppose it makes sense to ask about this on an rsnapshot mailing list
or something like that.