[Hcoop-discuss] rsnapshot errors

Ryan M. kubisuro at att.net
Fri Dec 23 23:45:26 EST 2005

Hi,
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:44:32 -0800, KC wrote about "Re: [Hcoop-discuss] rsnapshot errors" :
> Also, if the backup script is using 'cp', that suggests it isn't
> using the "--link-dest" option available in newer versions of
> rsync.

Agreed.  However, somewhere iirc, there is a specific stated reason why rsync was avoided... maybe one reason was because the current solution was somewhat pre-existing.

In any case, if rsync doesn't help, then a better vm will!  And honestly, I think we'd all benefit from 2.6.14 + CK Server patchset :-P  2.6.14 is a very good release.  I'm somewhat weary of 2.6.15, but then again, it has gestated for a decent period of time due to Linus' week hiatus.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/

Ryan