[Hcoop-discuss] Next steps for HCoop

Noufal Ibrahim nkv at hcoop.net
Fri Dec 2 04:11:33 EST 2005

On Fri, December 2, 2005 1:07 pm, ntk at hcoop.net wrote:
>> On 12/2/05, ntk at hcoop.net <ntk at hcoop.net> wrote:
[..]
> Maybe you're right.  But I think we should give them a chance.  And I
> suggest we look at our actual experience so far.  It seems to me that a
> good half or more of our members are using hcoop for basic static hosting
> and email, and they rarely need support help.  Perhaps the newbies fed on
> a windows diet might even be curious to poke around the man pages and
> learn a little more once they get a linux shell.

Not that I disagree with you. I'm all for getting non techies into the
hcoop fold (or perhaps coop is the right word) but I do have a couple of
thoughts.

Given that the discussion originally started off as an attempt to increase
our number of users and to reach out, maybe we'd make more headway if we
"advertise" to a more specific group. Most of the suggestions that came up
earlier (posting on tech. boards, slashdot etc.) are all in that
direction.

Once we're "large" enough to make alternate arrangements for different
"classes" of users, we could start advertising to a more general group.

Right now, I still feel that hcoop is a techie place and that it's best
suited for technically minded users who like to have some idea about
what's under the hood.

--
-NI