[Hcoop-discuss] Next steps for HCoop

David W. Bettis dwb at hcoop.net
Thu Dec 1 16:57:37 EST 2005

>There are plenty of people out there with basic computer
>skills who, once they learned to synchronize their web directory and check
>email (either plugging a few settings into Outlook or better, Thunderbird,
>or simply using squirrelmail), would be satisfied customers.

Maybe, but the moment they get their own domain, it all falls apart.
Editing a text file and typing in a few UNIX commands is well beyond the
competency of your average individual.  Certainly motivated non-geeks
can figure this stuff out, but it's somewhat painful.

A control panel style interface, I believe, would be the watershed
moment that would enable Hcoop to be accessible to the non-geek realm.

I fully agree that our goal should be to maximize inclusivity, I just
don't think we're built for it right now.

--d