[Hcoop-discuss] Next steps for HCoop

ntk at hcoop.net ntk at hcoop.net
Sat Dec 3 09:27:07 EST 2005

> Maybe, but the moment they get their own domain, it all falls apart.
> Editing a text file and typing in a few UNIX commands is well beyond the
> competency of your average individual.  Certainly motivated non-geeks
> can figure this stuff out, but it's somewhat painful.
>
> A control panel style interface, I believe, would be the watershed
> moment that would enable Hcoop to be accessible to the non-geek realm.

But this is a one-time event.  Once the domain is configured, no need to
mess with text-files or UNIX commands.  Setting up a domain already
involves putting a request in the portal (which is easy enough for anyone)
for administrator intervention.  Why couldn't this be extended one step
further to, at least at the user's option, to set up basic domtool
directives for a static webpage under the user's home directory?  It might
make sense to do this by default, and then let the user customize it if
they need or want to.