[Hcoop-discuss] Next steps for HCoop

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu Dec 1 15:53:35 EST 2005

ntk at hcoop.net wrote:

>I'd also like to throw out the idea of looking beyond the typical "Linux
>geek" type of audience (of which I and most of our current users probably
>qualify as members) for new users.

The main reason to favor this kind of member now is that the average
Linux geek is more resilient to transient failures than most.  As we
shuffle around our configuration, it's likely that things will break,
and so it's helpful to have early members who don't go into convulsions
when things break.

Also, since we don't have paid staff, situations like the past migration
from Abulafia to fyodor will require individual member actions that are
customized to their situations.  It's helpful if members don't view this
as unacceptable and a reason to ask for their money back.  I expect that
we have at least one more such migration coming in our near future.