[Bond-users] DTD Validation

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 28 19:30:09 EST 2012

On Wednesday 29 Feb 2012 10:52:17 Jasen Betts wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 06:04:27PM +0000, Colin Close wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > A recent problem with Bond-4.0 was due to dtd validation being turned
> > off in bondfrontend.conf. Doing this seems to prevent bond from reading
> > the dtd entirly. Thus unless all the attribute tags are set on every
> > window and widget the xml will not parse. It seems to me that for this
> > feature to be useful the dtd should at least be read for defaults where
> > they have not been declared in the xml as the usrer/writer is clearly
> > not using them for any purpose. I may be wrong here but the option
> > would seem pretty pointless otherwise. Just a thought.
> > Best
> > Coli Close
>
> I looked into this a while ago... basically libxml2 has two settings
> "use DTD" and "ignore DTD". to get what you want xml.c would need
> the defaults hard-coded in it instead of using the DTD for the
> defaults...
>
> With recent versions of bond, the binary has a copy of the DTD built-in
> this simplifies deployment just say "bond:dtd" in the doctype line instead
> of the filename.

Thanks Jasen,
I did notice the inclusion of the new file filedata.c in fact I have been
trying to generate it with sed or awk so I can update the autoconf tools and
it's a bitch. I should have guessed at what was going on.  Thanks for the
info.
I am going to have to get a ew "n" for my keyboard this ones knackered unlesss
I smash it down!!
Best,
Colin
P.S. I thought the mailing list was broken glad to see it's not, please
apologise to Dru on my behalf. I wrote directly to him 'cus I thought the list
wasn't working.