[Bond-users] DTD Validation

Jasen Betts jasen at treshna.com
Tue Feb 28 21:07:28 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:30:09AM +0000, Colin Close wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 Feb 2012 10:52:17 Jasen Betts wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 06:04:27PM +0000, Colin Close wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > > A recent problem with Bond-4.0 was due to dtd validation being turned
> > > off in bondfrontend.conf. Doing this seems to prevent bond from reading
> > > the dtd entirly. Thus unless all the attribute tags are set on every
> > > window and widget the xml will not parse. It seems to me that for this
> > > feature to be useful the dtd should at least be read for defaults where
> > > they have not been declared in the xml as the usrer/writer is clearly
> > > not using them for any purpose. I may be wrong here but the option
> > > would seem pretty pointless otherwise. Just a thought.
> > > Best
> > > Coli Close
> >
> > I looked into this a while ago... basically libxml2 has two settings
> > "use DTD" and "ignore DTD". to get what you want xml.c would need
> > the defaults hard-coded in it instead of using the DTD for the
> > defaults...
> >
> > With recent versions of bond, the binary has a copy of the DTD built-in
> > this simplifies deployment just say "bond:dtd" in the doctype line instead
> > of the filename.
>
> Thanks Jasen,
> I did notice the inclusion of the new file filedata.c in fact I have been
> trying to generate it with sed or awk so I can update the autoconf tools and
> it's a bitch. I should have guessed at what was going on.  Thanks for the
> info.

my initial plan was to use objcopy to generate filedata.o
but scons doesn't expose enough information to drive it correctly. (or
if it does I haven't found how to get it)
crazy people like me want to compile 32 bit windows apps on 64 bit linux
also there's all the escaping that needs to be done...

--
Jasen Betts
treshna Enterprises Ltd