[Bond-users] DTD Validation

Jasen Betts jasen at treshna.com
Tue Feb 28 16:52:17 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 06:04:27PM +0000, Colin Close wrote:
> Hi All,
> A recent problem with Bond-4.0 was due to dtd validation being turned off in
> bondfrontend.conf. Doing this seems to prevent bond from reading the dtd
> entirly. Thus unless all the attribute tags are set on every window and widget
> the xml will not parse. It seems to me that for this feature to be useful the
> dtd should at least be read for defaults where they have not been declared in
> the xml as the usrer/writer is clearly not using them for any purpose. I may
> be wrong here but the option would seem pretty pointless otherwise.
> Just a thought.
> Best
> Coli Close

I looked into this a while ago... basically libxml2 has two settings
"use DTD" and "ignore DTD". to get what you want xml.c would need
the defaults hard-coded in it instead of using the DTD for the
defaults...

With recent versions of bond, the binary has a copy of the DTD built-in
this simplifies deployment just say "bond:dtd" in the doctype line instead
of the filename.

--
Jasen Betts
treshna Enterprises Ltd