[Bond-users] Building bond from source

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Fri Jul 21 21:23:25 EDT 2006

> If I simply type 'scons' I get the following:
>
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> usr=/usr/
> Checking for C header file string.h... no
> string.h must be installed.
>
> But the header string.h is there (/usr/include), I don't know where it
> is looking for it.

Hey Eduardo,

Make sure that you have libc6-dev package installed. On Debian,
all paths should match automatically, and the compiler should be
looking into /usr/include/ as you expect.

I'll try this myself tomorrow, and will be able to help you more
with it, if you don't get it working by then.

> I tried to follow the README and this[1] message that says "Download
> bonddb and bond, read their README files, install pre-requisites (they
> are available as debian packages), and
> run builds."  But I don't understand what you mean by "run builds".

"Run builds" simply means to build (compile) bonddb and bond by
invoking 'scons', like you did.

Cya,
-doc