[Bond-users] Building bond from source

Eduardo Trápani eduardo at esperanto.org.uy
Sat Jul 22 00:00:21 EDT 2006

I found the cause of the building problem!  It's a conflict with ccache.
  scons tries to build the test file with /usr/bin/gcc (successfully)
and then, I don't know why, it tries again with /usr/local/bin/gcc.  In
my configuration that file was a symbolic link to /usr/bin/ccache.

It should have worked, but it doesn't. I guess it's scons fault.  I
might file a bug later.  It's weird, it tries to compile twice the same
file.  Once I erased the file /usr/local/bin/gcc the detection of
string.h worked.

But I ran into another problem, I was trying to install into another
directory, not /usr/local/...  I ran ./configure
--prefix=/installation/path but bonddb2.pc is not build from an .in
file.  And the local/ prefix is added to many files.  I attach a patch
to this message with the changes I had to do to build and install
successfully considering the source is in /source/path/bond and the
installation is going to be placed in /installation/path/ (and then
lib/, bin/, etc.)

At this moment 'scons' and scons 'install', both work.  Now it's time to
try it!

Eduardo.