[SQLiteJDBC] BLOB question: ResultSet.getBlob() not implemented

Maximilian Eberl maximilianeberl at yahoo.de
Sun Jan 31 04:59:22 EST 2010

Hi list!

I have been evaluating different database engines
for the purpose of a Java application using speech
interaction with the user.

I am storing a few hundred different prerecorded
(human voices) "machine answers" (short wav-files)
in the database and retrieve them according to the
application's logic from the database and output
them as a Stream using the Java Sound API.

So what I need is a highly performant and fast
rdbms engine storing BLOBs and reading them.

SQlite can do this under C++ and Python, but
the JDBC driver (version 056) says to me:

"method not implemented"

when I try:

rs.getBlob(2)

Is there a plan to include this functionality
in a next version of the driver?

Greetings

Maximilian