[Nestedvm] NestedVM runtime patches

David Ehrmann ehrmann at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 01:45:27 EST 2014

I made a few changes to NestedVM that can be found here:

https://github.com/ehrmann/nestedvm/compare/windows-runtime-compat3

They're described in the commits logs, but I'm not sure some of them are
quit ready to be merged, yet, so I welcome any feedback.

dbf0e18: I like the approach in code (dup2 is even the canonical way it's
done after a fork), but I'm not sure if I like the static util methods.

2d5b544: normalizePath doesn't return absolute paths if it was given a
relative path, it just prepends the cwd. This causes issues in sys_realpath
because the return path looks like a relative path, and it will fail to
open. There might have been some logic in it not returning absolute paths,
but I'm not sure what it is. Also, what's the difference between throwing
an ErrnoException and returning -<err_code>? And what if I want to return
-1 and set errno?