[Nestedvm] Some problems with current Cygwin

Brian Alliet brian at brianweb.net
Wed May 4 13:44:09 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 06:54:55PM +0200, Andre Pietsch wrote:
> the 'make cxxtest' has done the needed stuff. I can call the

Right. The NestedVM makefile is lazy, and only builds what it needs to,
which means if it isn't building anything that needs c++, it won't ever
build the c++ compiler. Make cxxtest will force it to do this though
(or make upstream/tasks/build_gcc_step2, but that it hard to remember).

> mips-unknown-elf-gcc now without the error message. But I had to call it
> from the extracted nestedvm directory where I called the other make-s
> from not from the cygwin root.

This is how it is supposed to be. NestedVMs build process builds a
private copy of gcc entirly within it's own build directory. It will
never touch anything outside its build directory. You should add
`pwd`/upstream/install/bin to your path (or "make env.sh", and source
that in your shell, which will set your PATH, as well as a handfull of
other environment variables) to use the compiler it built.

-Brian