[Nestedvm] SeekableFD constructor

Simmons, Aaron asimmons at rosettastone.com
Thu May 20 14:11:18 EDT 2010

I'm trying to use Runtime.SeekableFD from within my own Runtime-inherited class.  (I'm using the "runtimeClass" option of the compiler and am overriding "_open".)  Despite SeekableFD being a public class, its constructor isn't public (its package-private) and its data members are private, which limits its usefulness.  Is there a reason for this?  I'll note that all the other xxxFD classes in Runtime (InputOutputStreamFD, etc) have public constructors.

Thanks,
aaron