[Nestedvm] debugging LD segementation fault?

Alexander Bertram alex at bedatadriven.com
Fri May 7 18:47:10 EDT 2010

Hi all,

So I'm trying to build R (a statistical computing language) using nestedvm
and have managed to build the full mips nestedvm toolchain on ubuntu 9.x,
including the fortran compiler, have overcome a dozen compilation errors
inherit to gcc-3.3.6 (including a random reimplementation of wcstod), but at
the very last step, ld crashes with a segementation fault.

I know this is not necessarily specific to nestedvm, but anyone have any
hints on debugging this final stage? Is there a way to do a stack trace? Is
this typical of an unsatisfied link?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex Bertram