Dibs brewing for the weekend of 25/26/27

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Thu Jan 24 23:43:21 EST 2013

Sebastian Fernandez Giraldo <sfernan at ncsu.edu> wrote:

>No probs. You go be a good teacher you!
>
>On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Steve Killen
><steven.f.killen at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Holy mole! (Do you see what I did there?)
>>
>> Man, I want to brew with you guys. But it's the first weekend of the
>new
>> semester, and I have 94 students...
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Sebastian Fernandez Giraldo <
>> sfernan at ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> It was great. I bought some coffee for the beer so it's Colombian
>bought
>>> in Colombia. I haven't tasted it so I may have my brother test it to
>make
>>> sure it's good coffee. I also got financial aid this semester so I
>can brew
>>> again! Yay!

>awesome
>recipe so any
>chocolate malt

>> --
>> Steven F. Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com>
>> | elvestinkle @ twitter
>> | pursuing.calefaction.org
>>
>> Etsi provectus in sententiis sis
>> Esse parvulus in spiritu debes

Step one let us brew Sunday

Step two Steve at least come for the start of brewing, we need your motivation.

Step three recipe! Steve's porter is a good base for any stout/Porter; you could get away with changing the chocolate malt to black patent ratio, and then planning to secondary on the coffee.

Also! Since it is fucking cold and the days are short, did you want to do a 5 gal brew? The new wort chiller can crash a small batch in ten minutes... and we have to use the faucet because the outside tap would freeze.

This calls for a bottle of mulled apple spice mead to keep us from freezing to death.