[Calefaction Wiki] Update of "HomeBrewing/Recipes" by SteveKillen

Calefaction Wiki noreply at calefaction.org
Mon May 14 12:57:45 EDT 2012

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Calefaction Wiki" for change notification.

The "HomeBrewing/Recipes" page has been changed by SteveKillen:
http://wiki.calefaction.org/HomeBrewing/Recipes?action=diff&rev1=79&rev2=80

  Going warp-speed to all-grain, doing the Brew-In-A-Bag method on my stove. 90-minute mash (1.75 qts/lb) @ 149F. Down to 146F at 60 mins, added 2c boiling water (determined with infusion calculator). Brewhouse efficiency 71%. Fairly cloudy wort, lots of trub settling out. I hope I get a full case out of this! Pitched T-58 at 70F, target 76F. Incredibly fast initial ferment (48 hours and it's back to low outgassing), only got up to ~74F.
+
+ Tasty! Lemony and tart, with the pepper adding a slight (and interesting) fruitiness. This will be perfect for the dog days to come.
+
+ === AG Hard Root Beer ===
+
+
+ Styled after a Southern English Brown, malty and sweet, with extracts to add in secondary to try for a root-beery flavor. Mashing medium-high (154F).

  = Kristen =