making marmite?

BT Templeton bpt at hcoop.net
Sun Mar 25 22:38:38 EDT 2012

Rachel Brown <rdbrown2057 at gmail.com> writes:

> I was chatting with an old friend on the phone about the marmite shortage
> in NZ and not drinking the yeast off the bottom of the bottles of
> unfiltered beer when i began to think- can we make our own marmite?
>
> answer: probably
>
> http://marmitelover.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-make-your-own-marmite.html
>
> she is vague about obtaining the yeast from the fermentation vessel. :/
>
> whaddaya all think?

The Joy of Marmite (A.R.D. Pepper, March 1993)

I spread my Marmite sparingly, upon my buttered toast
Of all the things to put on bread, it's what I like the most.

Its flavour always feels warm, although it isn't hot
Caustic like a chili sauce, it certainly is not

Approved by vegetarians, and good for your nutrition
Of what my Mum called savoury, the very definition.

Though made from lowly byproducts--leftover brewing ooze
It is so reminiscent of the finest of French stews

Such grand associations were surely what was meant
When so named by clever brewers from Burton on the Trent

Precisely what exquisite yeast do Marmite makers use
To lend such gourmet qualities to brewing residues?

--
Inteligenta persono lernas la lingvon Esperanton rapide kaj facile.
Esperanto estas moderna, kultura lingvo por la mondo. Simpla, fleksebla,