Brewing Schedule...

Steve Killen steven.f.killen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:27:54 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org>wrote:

> Steve Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > There was no forcing. As stated, the grains would have been fine to be
> stored
> > for a week--so if you really didn't want to brew, you should have just
> > postponed. And bpt was the one who made the offer to brew. You're
> twisting the
> > narrative to avoid having to acknowledge that you wanted to put work off
> > brew.
>
> Sure, you didn't /physically/ force anyone to brew...
>
> Anyway, were there any issues with Luna Moth as far as mashing / grain /
> volume go? I think we should brew tomorrow -- Rachel has to leave early
> enough on Sunday that it's pushing it.

Nothing exciting--it's a standard Clinton 2-step. The wheat doesn't gum
things up at all. The DME is what pushes it over to 1.070. We will, OTOH,
need to be careful to check our wort SG while we have time to add the extra
DME! I shall make a point of remembering that part.

> I'd also like to not have to go to the brew store ... I think the best
> plan of action is for you to head down here and then go back with Rachel
> while the folks here heat the mash water up to strike temp (it's a
> pretty short hop and back when there's no traffic).

Agreed. And I can show up on time, say, 10am for realsies. Which will give
you late risers time to get moving.

> Then ... partyparty.

I AM FOR IT

Steven F. Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com>