brewingp

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sat Mar 10 01:31:11 EST 2012

Steve Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM, BT Templeton <bpt at hcoop.net> wrote:
>
>     Is anyone free for brewing a Bière de Garde this weekend?
>
> I will make a run to the brew store for you and lend a hand to get you going
> with great pleasure, but I cannot stay for the entirety, for I am ridiculously
> swamped with work.
>
> What's your preference for timing? Seems like Saturday is Rachel's best bet
> given travel considerations, but if you start Sunday early (i.e. mash-in before
> noon) I'd be up for that too.

Hrm hrm hrm...

Brewing before cask ale?

Are you able to do school work while brewing? I'm a bit more free than
usual this weekend and so I can do the beer sage tasks if you want to
sit back and /relax/ (or in this case work) for once...

p.s. I have $$$ again so I need a malt barrel and new autosiphon. The
brewstore is reasonably close ... I think I can swing a trek up there
since I've been lazy and not gone in ages. BT, Rachel, and Sebastian
have never been there before either so ... it might make something to do
tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps also involving a swing by the ol' Occupy
Raleigh GA for those who believe in anarchy or something.

Then we can brew on Sunday fairly early? The key here is that Steve
shows up before noon -- it's painful, but then shit gets done and at the
end of the day rest has been earned.

We also need to dose Rachel's mead and my cyser with sulfites and
sorbate to ensure they don't make wine bottles explode. It's a quick
task we can take care of when the other brewing stuff is out.

--
clinton: last time I was a bit weak (*sniff* level four and only 18 hp)
clinton: I had a -1 intelligence modifier for the first three weeks