Sorghum progress, brewday next weekend?

Steve Killen steven.f.killen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 10:47:56 EST 2012

Greetings, all,

I took a gravity sample last night of the sorghum ale. It read 1.012-4 in
the thief (the StarSan obscured the meniscus a tad). Definitely low teens!
I am thinking I'll give it another week to make sure it's bottomed out and
let the secondary processes occur. I want to bottle tomorrow, but that
means guessing whether or not it's at terminal gravity. Unfortunately, I
don't have any time mid-week to bottle and brew, so I am proposing a
bottling/brewing day next weekend here at my apartment. I'm going to cook
up an IPA in my shiny new 5-gallon brew kettle and rack onto the sorghum
yeast cake!

I reserved a bit of the gravity sample and tasted it. There's definitely
the sorghum tang that everyone talks about, but it's mellow, and the body
is good, not too thin. It reminds me, of all things, of a hard lemonade.
I'm looking forward to bottling this thing. I hope you'll join me!

--
Steven F. Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com>
| elvestinkle @ twitter
| pursuing.calefaction.org