[Calefaction Wiki] Update of "HomeBrewing/Recipes" by SteveKillen

Calefaction Wiki noreply at calefaction.org
Fri Dec 16 13:41:17 EST 2011

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Calefaction Wiki" for change notification.

The "HomeBrewing/Recipes" page has been changed by SteveKillen:
http://wiki.calefaction.org/HomeBrewing/Recipes?action=diff&rev1=49&rev2=50

  == Stovetop Best Bitter ==

+ === Version 1 ===
+

   #1 in a series of all-extract brews. Because...well, because we've never actually done any. We started out with specialty grains and LME, and I figured I'd take it back to the very basics and see what happens. The worst possibility is that it just tastes bad. But with over half a year of solid brewing under my belt, I don't think it will. :)
+
+ It turned out pretty well. The molasses took a while to tone down, but it had a nice hop spiciness to it.
+
+ === Version 2 ===
+
+
+ Second attempt with this recipe, on a slightly bigger kettle. Woo, a half-gallon more beer :) I changed the yeast and played with the hop schedule a bit to compensate for the fruitier yeast profile. More importantly, I tried adding most of the DME near the end of the boil rather than at the beginning.

  == Stovetop Northern England Brown Ale ==

@@ -131, +141 @@

  == Killen's Irish Red ==

+
+ == Gluten-Free McGee ==
+
+  * Shameless yoink of this recipe: http://homebrewexchange.net/content/gluten-free-mcgee-ale
+
+ I'll play around with it and put something in xml before January.

  = JHitz =