english ipa recipa

Steve Killen steven.f.killen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 14:29:21 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org>wrote:

> Steve Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> >     Attached.
> >
> >     I think we have all the hops on hand, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll
> weigh
> >     things tomorrow to check (trying to use up leftovers!).
> >
> >     If we're out of Crystal 20L lemme know, I can sub 40L or 60L if
> needed
> >     (not too concerned about this recipe...). p.s. update the leftover
> grain
> >     list ;) (maybe I'll update the leftover hops list).
> >
> > The grain list is accurate as of my last update on 26 Sep, the day after
> our
> > last brew day. So we have 80L if you're comfortable subbing that.
>
> nil,. 80L is way too dark.
>
> Well, I didn't make it to barcamp and now that I know the grain list is
> up to date... I'll make a better recipe anyway (part of the goal was for
> you to not have to buy more ingredients!).

Well, even with all the crystal malt we have, it would be only 10.4 (as
opposed to 8) SRM, well within style. Your call, but we don't really need to
buy anything today if you're willing to budge a couple points on SRM.

I'll be heading out to the FLHS before they close tonight, so if you can, it
would help to have the final recipe by 5pm.