[Wedding brews] Next brew day (Saison #1)

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Mon Aug 1 04:05:54 EDT 2011

Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org> writes:

> Steve Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> The days move on inexorably, and it's approaching time to make another batch. The saison is up next.
>>
>> I return home tomorrow afternoon, and am off work Monday. If we cannot brew Monday, it will need to
>> wait until next Saturday or Sunday, for I work Tues-Fri.
>>
>> Let's kick the beat~!
>
> Monday's situation for me:
>
>  - I'm doing a pretty major software release tonight (renaming 30G of
>    data ... a bit hairy) so I need to be around to support it until
>    around 3 p.m. (just in case something goes wrong and I have to
>    perform a ridiculous revert)
>  - More relatives are arriving sometime during the day or evening

It appears that there is a greater than 50% chance they will not be
arriving tomorrow and so brewing after 3 might work. I'll probably know
by two, but this is contingent upon my Grandmother calling my aunt &c.

I just finished up the deployment (taking sha1sum's and copying 60G of
data repeatedly takes forever)... I did promise to be around between
08:30 PDT and 12:00 PDT just in case anything bad happens, and until
later until the afternoon basically on call. So, if we brew until six or
seven I might have to abandon brewing immediately for a bit to fix
things (I don't forsee being called after 3 -- usually anything big is
discovered before ten in the morning their time).

Basically, give me a call. I'll be up by noon.

--
Danielle: well road signs were pissing me off
Danielle: I took one of them out, but the other haven't followed as