[Calefaction Wiki] Update of "HomeBrewing" by SteveKillen

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Wed Jul 20 22:18:00 EDT 2011

Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org> writes:

> Steve Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The time approaches rapidly. I request your feedback concerning the structure
>> of the brewing schedule for the next couple months. Some specifics: I am not
>> tied to a particular day on any given week, but we must be doing something on
>> most weeks. The blue cells indicate where the action is, and the yellow weeks
>> are weeks where all fermenters are in conditioning.
>>
>> I timed it to give the saison the most total time. I rather enjoyed the early
>> stages of the porter, so I don't mind one batch having longer time in bottle,
>> but the saison most certainly needs every week it can get to be at peak delish
>> by wedding time. I tried to do a two-fermenter schedule, but I'm not pleased
>> with how little time it gives overall.
>
> plz post a file in an acceptable Free format and not google documents.

Just a few warnings:

1. HCoop board meeting is at 1 p.m. on the 24th so you lose both bpt and
   me until at the earliest 3 p.m. Alternatively there is Saturday, but
   uhhhh look at the weather forecast.

2. No brewing can happen here whenever it is that we move. I assume this
   for some multiple day period August 25th -> September 6th or 11th.

3. I have a slate of relatives visiting starting August 1st. Between the
   1st and 8th every room will be occupied (bonus room included) and so
   I really have nowhere to store a fermenter that needs the fan without
   pissing someone off. Given that it'll be 100F+ for the next week or
   three ... the fan has to run at full power to keep everything even in
   just the upper 60s... after the first set leaves it's just my aunt
   kathy's kids and I can tell them to stuff it.

4. Glass is off limits right unless I want to do one small batch because
   moving that is unsafe.

5. I don't really have a way to move beer even in Better Bottles. I can
   ride in the backseat of a car protecting two fermenters however.

My schedule is looking like:

 - Tuesdays are all off limits (slashdot scheduled every afternoon for at
   least the next five weeks)
 - I cannot commit to Sunday only brewing. I have to install a new
   server for HCoop among other things /sometime/.
 - MOVING
 - I may very well have the Friday morning slashdot shift

Another thing, most of the time I let people leave without cleaning up
everything. Starting now I don't want to be doing most of the cleanup
unless it is for my beer. If we brew on a Friday when I have a slashdot
shift except little assistance from zombie Clinton.

p.s. bpt still has a beer to brew and I need to brew at least one more
     batch of beer somewhere in there because I'm going to run out. The
     ginger-chamomile wheat needs bottling when we brew next as well.

--
If nothing in the world can change our children will inherit nothing