It's officially on [Wedding Brews]

Steve Killen steven.f.killen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:31:02 EDT 2011

Greetings, folks,

So we had the tasting at the beach this weekend. We walked through the ESB,
the American pale, the Bubonic Porter, Thoth, Saison du Steve, and Nowruz,
and we even cracked open a bonus bottle of my stovetop best bitter since it
was about a week after bottling.

Rob & Caitlin were delighted with all of them, but their favorites were the
ESB, the saison, and the porter. A number of other folks were also present,
and the beers met acclaim from all parties. Ben Sarsgard made a point of
indicating that he would seek any of them out at the store, and pay good
money for them too.

I am surprised that they went for the ESB over the American--Caitlin in
particular really enjoyed the big malt body it offered. Now that I've been
drinking it for a few months, I think the Marris Otter in it could be a tick
lower, maybe 5-10% less in the total bill. But it does strike a happy medium
between the porter and saison.

So, I'd say we have a successful system, and I'm intensely proud of what we
have accomplished together so far. I feel like we have taught each other a
great deal in a very short time. I'll put together a schedule of
brewing/fermentation/conditioning/bottling for your perusal. We can probably
get away with dedicating 3 fermenters to the wedding brews, but I'll see how
things look with 2 as well.

Starting in August, it's on!

--
Steve Killen