IPA Ingredients

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sat Mar 19 20:00:20 EDT 2011

Groceries!

Remember the following from the supply bin:

 - Crystal 20L malt
 - Crystal 40L malt

* Purchase:

NOTE THIS IS NOT THE LIST OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE MILLED THAT FOLLOWS LATER
(forgive me, but after milling snafu #1...)

** Yeast
 - Wyeast British Ale II (1335) (we'll make a starter while mashing)

** Grain
 - 8lbs American 2-row Pale Malt
 - 1lbs Crystal 60L
 - 1lbs Crystal 20L
 - MAYBE 1lbs Crystal 40L -- we need 10oz and have ~12oz on hand

** Hops
 - 3oz Chinook (yes, three ounces)
 - 2oz Cascade
 - 1oz Citra

** Extract

 - 5lbs American Ultra Light Dry Extract (the recipe will use 3.5lbs)

* MILL THE FOLLOWING

Make sure the scale is using the proper units!

 - 8lbs American 2-row Pale Malt
 - 10oz Crystal 20L
 - 10oz Crystal 60L
 - 16oz Crystal 60L

Keep the receipt, and we can run to the ATM for repayment while waiting
for the mash to complete.

We'll be topping this bastard up to 6 full gallons!

--
Leebert: You don't listen to music.
Leebert: You listen to the audio equivalent of /dev/urandom