[HCoop-Misc] using mod_python

Christian Boesgaard pink at diku.dk
Thu May 22 06:17:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:07:08PM +0200, Christian Boesgaard wrote:

> Any ideas or pointers to documentation or examples are most welcome.

Ok, I actually found some information on the hcoop site:

--------------------------

Q: Can I use mod_python, Zope, mod_perl, etc.?

Yes, you can use these customized web server modules or web servers,
but you will probably need to run your own web daemon to do it. Most
of these are not designed to work in an environment like ours, where
resources are shared by mutually untrusting users; as a result, they
run all scripts as the same user, which would let others trample your
data, either intentionally or through negligence. We do support
running your own daemons and proxying from our main Apache, though, so
no worries!

As I am no expert on these matters I would still be happy if someone
could point me in the right direction. Like how do I run mod_python as
a daemon?

Thanks.

--
Med venlig hilsen