[HCoop-Help] Help please with running my own apache.

Matthew Smith dogman at unifone.net.nz
Tue Jun 18 21:59:27 EDT 2019

I have switched from a php to a python framework, so now I need my own
setup in $HOME. I have got so far with instructions on the wiki but need
a few pointers.

As a first step I want to get apache serving static content at
http://barkingdognatives.nz

What I have right now is apache serving static content at
http://www.barkingdognatives.nz, but only while I am logged in to
marsh.  After logging out I get 403 209 "access to index.html denied
because search permissions are missing on a component of the path". I
log back in and issue apachectl restart twice and it works again.

The startup script from https://wiki.hcoop.net/RunningYourOwnApache
doesn't appear to work for me:

> mds at marsh:~$ ./bin/start_apache.sh
> mds at marsh:~$ ps -u mds|grep httpd