[HCoop-Help] DNS settings?

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Thu Aug 14 23:45:34 EDT 2014

On Aug 14, 2014, at 6:41 AM, zrajm <zrajm at klingonska.org> wrote:

> I also (as far as I understand from my domtool files) have DNS
> settings on HCoop.
>
> Do I really need my Loopia DNS settings for my own domains + email to
> continue working? Or is all I need the HCoop settings?

You can host DNS entirely through HCoop and manage your DNS settings through Domtool.  The dom directive has certain defaults and the domtool user guide on the wiki has more specifics.  Just register your domain’s DNS servers as ns1.hcoop.net / ns2.hcoop.net

> PS Is there some (Linux) command I can run to see if a DNS lookup
> returns the HCoop or the Loopia DNS entry?

ntk at bog:~$ host -t ns zrajm.org
zrajm.org name server rose.ns.cloudflare.com.
zrajm.org name server eric.ns.cloudflare.com.
ntk at bog:~$ host -t ns klingonska.org
klingonska.org name server ns1.hcoop.net.
klingonska.org name server ns2.hcoop.net.

If you want the dirty details you can use “dig”.

Nathan