[HCoop-Help] Sudden: "NEGATIVE HCoop balance"

zrajm zrajm at klingonska.org
Wed Apr 16 05:37:39 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Clinton Ebadi
<clinton at unknownlamer.org> wrote:
> zrajm <zrajm at klingonska.org> writes:
>
>> What happened to the Low HCoop balance warning? Suddenly (and out of
>> the blue) I just got this negative balance warning.
>>
>> That hardly seems fair?
>
> You should have received a low balance reminder last month (~two weeks
> ago)... if not, I need to dig into the script to see why it wouldn't be
> sending those (FWIW, I receive a copy at payment at hcoop.net and it
> appears OK).

Nope. Cant find any "Low Hcoop Balance" warning at all, not even in my
spambox. (Last one I got was October 2013, on an unrelated errand,
though there was some confusion then, too. Which was dealt with at the
time.)

> The balance reminder ran early this month, because I ran it by hand with
> the wrong arguments when testing that it worked after upgrading the
> portal. Sorry about that.
>
>> /zrajm
>>
>> P.S. I shall endeavor to pay as fast as possible, please don't kick me out.
>
> No worries -- we're pretty behind on the normal freeze/boot process
> anyway, and a negative balance is not really quite negative -- there's
> the $21 deposit left to burn through. You would not be eligible for
> freezing until May anyway with our current policies (which we should
> begin enforcing again in June as I finish cleaning up the treasurer
> duties backlog). We've also traditionally been pretty flexible, as long
> as a member lets us know that they intend to pay eventually, and haven't
> just silently quit the coop.

Well. All is good then. I'll pay a little squirt of monies now, and
some more when I get my first paycheck (new job!) in a month or so.

> Jessie: i thought your beard took the oxygen from the air and made it
>         breathable for you

So where is this (slightly silly quote) from? The only occurrences I
find when googling are your .sigfiles. :)

/zrajm