[HCoop-Help] SSI does not work on navajos?

Zrajm C Akfohg zrajm at klingonska.org
Thu Jan 24 19:31:56 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org>wrote:

> Zrajm C Akfohg <zrajm at klingonska.org> writes:
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org>
> wrote:
> >     Zrajm C Akfohg <zrajm at klingonska.org> writes:
> >
> > Using UTF-8 does not seem to work properly when
> > I set a variable in the main file (using <!--#set var="X_TITLE"
> > value="Innehåll." -->) and then use that variable inside a file
> > included with SSI (with <!--#echo var="X_TITLE" -->).
> >
> > An example is here http://zrajm.org/mat/ (look at the headline -- it's
> > supposed to say "Innehåll" = "Contents" in Swedish -- but instead
> > there are funny characters instead of the a with a ring above). It is
> > as if Apache has decided that the variable has latin-1 content, even
> > though addDefaultCharset "utf-8"; is in use).
>
> The document in question has the following meta tag (from .head.shtml):

> Which overrides the HTTP Content-Type.
>
> I think removing that should fix it; if not let me know, hopefully it's
> not a deficiency in domtool or our apache rig (but if it is, I want to
> fix it naturally).

After removing the <meta> tag I still get the exact same behavior (still on
page http://zrajm.org/mat/).

 All the relevant files are written in UTF-8, as evidenced by:

    $ file -i .foot.shtml .head.shtml index.shtml
    .foot.shtml: text/html; charset=utf-8
    .head.shtml: text/html; charset=utf-8
    index.shtml: text/html; charset=utf-8

And using wget to see the server headers give me the following

    $ wget -O- --save-headers 'http://zrajm.org/mat/'
    --2013-01-25 00:58:49--  http://zrajm.org/mat/
    Resolving zrajm.org (zrajm.org)... 69.90.123.70
    Connecting to zrajm.org (zrajm.org)|69.90.123.70|:80... connected.
    Length: unspecified [text/html]
    Saving to: `STDOUT'
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK