[HCoop-Help] SSI does not work on navajos?

Zrajm C Akfohg zrajm at klingonska.org
Thu Jan 24 08:11:00 EST 2013

Thanx for the speedy reply. :)

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org>wrote:

> Zrajm C Akfohg <zrajm at klingonska.org> writes:
>
> > A few of my pages uses SSI, but that doesn't seem to work after moving
> the web site to navajos.
> >
> > For example, take a look at http://zrajm.org/mat/ in a browser, and
> > look at the source code. The SSI tags are still present in the source,
> > and have not been replaced by the appropriate content (as they
> > should've been). Why is this?
> >
> > As far as I can tell my config  file (~zrajm/.domtool/zrajm.org)
> > contains all the right stuff for this to work. (the only thing
> > required should be the "includesNOEXEC" option, right?).
>
> Hrm, I'm not sure why Apache ever would have parsed .html files as
> SSI... if mire was, it was certainly not on purpose.

That would explain it then. :)

Renamed my files *.html files to *.shtml instead, and everything seems to
be working fine now. Thanx for the help.

...Well. Almost fine. Using UTF-8 does not seem to work properly when I set
a variable in the main file (using <!--#set var="X_TITLE" value="Innehåll."
-->) and then use that variable inside a file included with SSI (with <!--#echo
var="X_TITLE" -->).

An example is here http://zrajm.org/mat/ (look at the headline -- it's
supposed to say "Innehåll" = "Contents" in Swedish -- but instead there are
funny characters instead of the a with a ring above). It is as if Apache
has decided that the variable has latin-1 content, even though
addDefaultCharset
"utf-8"; is in use).

There is, however, a way to make it work:
> http://hcoop.net/domtool/mod_mime.html
>
> Something like,
>
>           addOutputFilter [includes] "html";
>
> In the vhost.
>
> Also, I recall you mentioning once that you wanted mod_gzip support for
> speeding up output; is the DEFLATE filter adequate (in theory, it works)?

Dunno. Anything should be better than no gzip support, I assume. Shouldn't
there be a Best Practice of some sort?

/zrajm