[HCoop-Help] alpine on bog, vs alpine on mire

David Brownstein dbrownst at hcoop.net
Sat Jan 5 01:00:35 EST 2013

Greetings,

Seeking a friendly correspondent who will view my ignorance as a teaching
moment.

I just tried logging into bog (which went great by the way, so thank you
to Clinton and whomever else for whatever work was behind that).

Ran kpasswd.

I invoked alpine, which started, but did not ask me for my password, like
usual.  Instead, it churned for a while, telling me that it was 'Opening
"INBOX"', before informing me that 'Can't connect to mail.hcoop.net,993:
Connection timed out' and 'No folder opened'.

At that point, strangely, I can view all of my mail folders, and the
messages inside of them.  Just not my inbox.  I can also send messages.
Not sure what to think of any of these latter points, because as I say,
ordinarily I need to log into alpine with my password.

When I log into mire using the old method, everything works just fine.

I can only think of one thing to change, which would be my setting:
Name of Inbox server : mail.hcoop.net/ssl/novalidate-cert/user=dbrownst

Should this line now say 'bog' in there somewhere?  If somebody could just
point me in the right direction, I'm happy to learn more to fix this.

thanks in advance,
David B