[HCoop-Help] WordPress installation

Steve Killen nevetski at hcoop.net
Fri Mar 5 14:46:44 EST 2010

Frank, thanks for the heads-up; I was basing my thinking off the model that
we use for setting up moinmoin.  WP is new to me, and so is subversion, so I
didn't put the two together.  This solves one step of the process quite
handily.  I'm hoping to make something that ties the various steps together
moinmoin-install.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Franklin Bynum <frank at hcoop.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 22:38:28 -0500, Steve Killen <nevetski at hcoop.net>
> wrote:
> > Yeah, I'll play with it and see what I come up with.  Thanks!
>
> i've read these messages, and don't really understand what's going on.
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing/Updating_WordPress_with_Subversion
>
> just do this in your public_html directory or other directory of your
> choice and have at it.
>
> you're talking about installation locations, like /usr/share, but your only
> space for software installation is your home directory.
>
> there isn't any need to install a debain package for a user's wordpress
> installation.
>
> how did we get ten messages in without anyone saying this?

Steven F. Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com>

Etsi provectus in sententiis sis
Esse parvulus in spiritus debes

Mortem felix superet