[HCoop-Help] recommendation for a domain-name registar requested

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Tue Jul 6 06:25:13 EDT 2010

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:10:06 -0700
Daniel Wilkerson <daniel.wilkerson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to transfer the registration of my domain name.  One thing
> I make a point of is not saying I have read an agreement unless I have
> actually read it.  The major problem I have with most registrars is
> that, not only are their agreements long, they contain references to
> other agreements to the point where I cannot even find all of the
> agreements that I am supposed to have read.  Can someone please
> recommend a registrar that does not have this problem.  I've already
> given up on Godaddy, alldomains, and gandi.net.  Internet.bs has a
> single agreement, but it is full of weird clauses.

I see what you mean.

I used to just click Ok on anything when I was younger and didn't
own a company.
Then after I started my business, I adopted this policy of reading
everything I sign or agree to, in paper or on the Net.

But maybe you want to find a balance there -- it's just a domain
name that you can even transfer to another registrar if the one
you choose ends up being problematic or changes their TOS.

I use godaddy and some folks here have been suggesting gandi.net,
which are two you already know about.

Cya,
-doc