[HCoop-Help] DNS Problems with hcoop.net subdomain

Nathan Weston elbows at hcoop.net
Sat Feb 20 20:51:24 EST 2010

I'm trying to host a site on an hcoop subdomain cfoboard.hcoop.net. I
requested permissions for the domain, set up my domtool configuration,
and it was working for a while. But I've since developed two problems:

1) www.cfoboard.hcoop.net works, but cfoboard.hcoop.net doesn't
(although it used to)

2) The domain seems to come and go from DNS. Some days I can resolve it,
and other days I can't. Right now if I do "nslookup
www.cfoboard.hcoop.net" (using my ISP's DNS server) I get the following
response:

Server:		208.59.247.45
Address:	208.59.247.45#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	www.cfoboard.hcoop.net
Address: 8.15.7.100
Name:	www.cfoboard.hcoop.net
Address: 65.200.200.35
Name:	www.cfoboard.hcoop.net
Address: 63.251.179.51

And if I try to visit the site in a web browser, I'm redirected to a
search page (RCN seems to do this for any failed DNS lookup, unfortunately).

If I do "nslookup www.cfoboard.hcoop.net ns1.hcoop.net" it does work:

Server:		ns1.hcoop.net
Address:	69.90.123.67#53

Name:	www.cfoboard.hcoop.net
Address: 69.90.123.68

But visiting this IP address in a browser just takes me to the hcoop.net
front page.

I am new to hcoop so it's quite likely that I've screwed something up in
domtool. Here's what my configuration looks like:

domain "cfoboard.hcoop.net" with
   nameserver "ns1.hcoop.net";
   nameserver "ns2.hcoop.net";

   handleMail;