[HCoop-Help] SSL Certificate Without Hostname

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed May 20 18:01:10 EDT 2009

Michal Charemza wrote:
> I would like (most of) the rules to be applied both for http and
> https. If they were both a 'vhostDefault' block, or both 'webAtIp'
> blocks, I think I could write my own function to automatically include
> them in the 'with' section, so to not have to copy/paste them.
> However, I'm not sure how to go about it with my current setup. How
> can I avoid copy/pasting in this senario?

I can see a nice way to do this using a function that takes two blocks
of configuration as arguments, but Domtool doesn't support this right
now (for shallow syntactic reasons).  You can, however, assign a name to
an arbitrary block of configuration.  For instance, you can do:

val myConfig = begin
  directive1;
  directive2
end;

Then you can mention [myConfig] like a single directive in each of the
vhost blocks.